Vanessa Aramayo’s passion for community service and helping working families comes from seeing her single mother work hard to provide for her family and always making time to help others less fortunate. Vanessa’s public service record is rooted in translating community engagement into voting power and improving the economic security of working families. Whether it was through her work as a Congressional District Director, a California Assembly senior staff member or as a non-profit Director, Vanessa has been at the forefront organizing communities to mobilize on a number of issues including affordable access to health care, quality public schools and immigrant rights. A longtime Eagle Rock resident and Glendale native, she raises her twin daughters with her husband Gilbert. Vanessa is uniquely positioned to give voice to the diverse communities represented throughout California's 34th Congressional District.
- Product of public schools - attended Edison Elementary, Roosevelt Middle School, and Hoover High in Glendale.
- Comes from three generations of family run small businesses.
- Worked three jobs to pay for college, received her BA in Political Science from UCLA with a concentration in Foreign Policy.
- Served on numerous local community non-profit boards including the Boys and Girls Club of Burbank and Greater East Valley and the Glendale Latino Association.
- California Partnership, Center for Community Change, Director
- Council of Mexican Federations (COFEM), Deputy Executive Director
- US Congresswoman Jane Harman, District Director
- California Assembly Member Dario Frommer, Senior Staff
- Internship, US Attorney General, Victim Witness Assistance Unit
- Internship, Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, Special Crimes Unit